See what's happening next week at Briary School by clicking here
Welcome to Briary School
We are a friendly, welcoming and approachable school where the Headteacher is always free to speak to parents before or after school in the playground, and we really value the good relationships we have with our parents because of this. We have a strong ethos of valuing children as set out in our concept of 'children first; pupils second'. We know that only when children are happy and enjoying school will they achieve their potential in their learning. So we do everything we can to make our school a place where every child wants to be: safe, secure, valued, enjoying learning and through exposure to a broad curriculum and excellent teaching, experiencing the feeling of success.Briary Primary School was judged by OfSTED in November 2013 as GOOD in all areas, with quotes such as
"Pupils in all classes make faster progress than in most other schools".
The school has continued to improve even further through introducing Reading Recovery to ensure every child reads at an age appropriate standard by the age of 8, by gaining the Healthy Schools award, Eco-School Green Flag status and Extended Schools status, and by introducing a Behaviour Policy which rewards children who always behave well and is tough on those who don't.
Children at Briary make excellent progress. Our latest Key Stage 2 Results were as follows:-
- 73% achieved Level 4 or above in Reading, Writing and Maths combined
- 90% made at least expected progress in Reading
- 93% made at least expected progress in Writing
- 90% made at least expected progress in Maths
- 32% achieving Level 5 or above in Reading
- 17% achieving Level 5 or above in Writing
- 42% achieving Level 5 or above in Maths
- 2% achieving Level 6 in Writing
- 12% achieving Level 6 in Maths
For details of our results see Briary Performance Statistics - 3 year trend or DFEE Website for 2013.
A strong commitment to academic excellence is matched by a clear commitment to sport for all; Briary has Activemark Gold status.We are committed to a real, supportive partnership with our families and the community. We have:
- Breakfast and After-School care
- Holiday play-schemes
- An amazing range of after-school activities
- Our own first-rate Pre-School with a new log-cabin style building
- And also the Briary Children's Centre on site
We hope your enjoy the rest of our website!